Fall 2020 student awards
Note: only students from Grey & Bruce Counties in Ontario are eligible for these applications. Please read decriptions for eligibilty.
The deadline for application listed below is November 25, 2020
- The Janice Bye Memorial Award for Special Needs students of up to $1,500 was created in memory of Janice Bye who worked as a therapist with clients at Closing the Gap. Grant(s) from the fund support “occupational, physical and speech language therapy services and/or associated equipment that will help facilitate the student’s integration and inclusion, increasing productivity, and boosting confidence in their educational institution or chosen workplace” for the following: (Note: These students do not necessarily need to be clients of Closing the Gap but the applications will be reviewed by Closing the Gap staff.)
- graduating high school students going on to post-secondary education
- graduating high school students transitioning into a workplace setting
- students transitioning into high school from grade 8
- students transitioning from grade 6 into senior public school
The deadline for application listed below is December 4, 2020
The 2020 Adult Education Bursary supports financially in-need adult students (19 and older) from Grey or Bruce County who otherwise may not be able to afford further post-secondary education and it should assist the adult in reaching his/her career choice goals. The bursary is $2,500 and will be assigned to the student's account at his/her post-secondary institution.
This bursary is distributed from a grant from the Larry Bannerman Foundation through Community Foundation Grey Bruce.