Other Grant Applications
Community Foundation Grey Bruce assists their Endowment fundholders to fulfill their philanthropic goals through granting. The grants for the following application(s) are specific to a field of interest as designated by the funder.
- The Kelly Graham Legacy Fund will provide a grant to a registered charity or non profit organization (with a Qualified Donee sponsor) for a project related to the health and wellness of girls and women, including their career advancement and success. Grants are up to $2,000.
Kelly Graham passed away in July 2020 and had worked her entire professional life as a lawyer in Owen Sound, serving many city residents and institutions as well as clients throughout Grey and Bruce Counties. Kelly was dedicated to her community and was very active as a volunteer, serving on the boards of a wide range of local groups including Grey Bruce Health Services, Community Care Access Centre, the Zonta Club and the Owen Sound Skating Club. Kelly was a long-serving Board member of Community Foundation Grey Bruce from 1998 to 2011.
Applications will be accepted starting in January 2022. Deadline is April 15th
- The Janice Bye Memorial Fund was created in 2016 by Janice’s family with the aim of carrying on her good work, supporting and caring for her community. The fund is a legacy which recognizes and memorializes the life and work of this woman who touched the lives of many. Janice worked with a vast array of young people who benefitted on a day-to-day basis from her expertise as a physiotherapist at Closing the Gap Healthcare.
The Janice Bye Memorial fund will support “occupational, physical and speech language therapy services and/or associated equipment that will help facilitate the student’s integration and inclusion, increasing productivity, and boosting confidence in their educational institution or chosen workplace” for the following:
- graduating high school students going on to post-secondary education
- graduating high school students transitioning into a workplace setting
- students transitioning into high school from grade 8
- students transitioning from grade 6 into senior public school
Note: These students do not necessarily need to be clients of Closing the Gap. The recipients will be selected each year with the assistance of Janice’s employer, Closing the Gap Healthcare.
Applications will be accepted starting in April 2022. Deadline is June 30th.