Emergency Community Support Fund
Community Foundation Grey Bruce launches new Emergency Community Support Fund
Vulnerable populations across Canada continue to be disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Marginalized groups, youth, children and the elderly, essential workers, and newcomers are just some of the communities that are facing increased challenges right now. Launched on May 19, 2020, the Government of Canada’s new Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) aims to provide additional and much-needed assistance to charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations. The Government of Canada is flowing funds through national networks, including Community Foundations of Canada, United Way Centraide Canada and the Canadian Red Cross. We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada to deliver funding locally in Grey Bruce to ensure that our most vulnerable citizens are safe and healthy. Through the ECSF, we will be investing $192,000 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting vulnerable populations. Organizations can apply starting on May 19, 2020. Learn more about the program and find out if your organization is eligible to apply: www.communityfoundations.ca
About the Fund
- COVID-19 is having a disproportionate impact on vulnerable populations in Canada.
- The Government of Canada’s $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund aims to help charities and non-profit organizations adapt and increase frontline services for vulnerable populations during COVID-19.
- Together, the Canadian Red Cross, Community Foundations of Canada and United Way Centraide Canada are collaborating with the Government of Canada to flow ECSF support to those who need it most right now.
- Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared, community-based charities and non-profit organizations have been working tirelessly to provide emergency support of all kinds—in particular to individuals and communities experiencing continued or heightened vulnerability. Demand for their services has increased dramatically.
- The Fund is designed to help these organizations carry out their vital work to ensure no one is left behind.