Meaford Community Fund
The Meaford Community Fund exists to enrich the quality of life for the people of the Municipality of Meaford by supporting projects of not-for-profit charitable organizations.
The Community Fund is in place to help the citizens of the Municipality of Meaford to:
- Keep their charitable donations working in the Municipality of Meaford
- Participate in shaping the future by supporting the needs in their own community
- Make a donation that grows and keeps on giving
- Create a lasting legacy for generations to come
- Receive income tax receipts for donations
How does it work?
All donations to the Meaford Community Fund are invested in a pool of funds under the umbrella of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce. The income earned from the capital of the Fund is distributed through grants to applicable not-for-profit organizations only within the Municipality of Meaford.
It is easy to make a donation online, just click here. Select "Meaford Community Fund" in the Fund box
The Meaford Community Fund will also accept gifts in the form of:
- A bequest in your will
- Life insurance policy/annuity
- Charitable remainder trust
- In memorial
Contact Community Foundation Grey Bruce to learn how - 519-371-7203
- Registered charities or not-for-profit groups with applicable sponsors can make application for funding.
- A Fund Management Committee (made up of volunteers from within the Municipality of Meaford) partners with Community Foundation Grey Bruce to select projects which best benefit the community
- Funding supports projects only within the Municipality of Meaford. Project progress is monitored and groups are accountable for wise use of funds
To apply submit a Community Grant application
News and Events
- ANNUAL GRANTS: Grants are distributed each year for qualified charities and organizations within the Municipality of Meaford, through Community Foundation Grey Bruce. Information and application.
- The Meaford Community Fund was created in January 2012 with a donation from the Estate of Rosa Roselle. As it grows with more donations, this Fund will continue to support not-for-profit organizations in the Municipality of Meaford in the future.
- Annual Fundraiser - To be announced.