Meaford Community Fund
The Meaford Community Fund exists to enrich the quality of life for the people of the Municipality of Meaford by supporting projects of not-for-profit charitable organizations. The Meaford Community Fund is managed by a Fund Management Committee made up of volunteers from within the Municipality
The Community Fund is in place to help the citizens of the Municipality of Meaford to:
- Keep their charitable donations working in the Municipality of Meaford
- Participate in shaping the future by supporting the needs in their own community
- Create a lasting legacy for generations to come
- Receive income tax receipts for donations
How does it work?
All donations to the Meaford Community Fund are invested in a pool of funds under the umbrella of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce. The income earned from the capital of the Fund is distributed through grants to applicable not-for-profit organizations only within the Municipality of Meaford.
How you can donate
- A bequest in your will
- Life insurance policy/annuity
- Charitable remainder trust
- In memorial
- Your donation grows and keeps on giving
- Your gift directly enriches the quality of life in your community forever
- You can direct your gift as you wish for the general good for special interests such as affordable housing, food banks, agriculture, recreation, seniors and education
- You receive a tax receipt for your gift
If you are looking for a way to guarantee that your donation is going directly to benefit your community, then donating to a Meaford Community Fund is right for you. Your donations will create a lasting legacy for this and future generations.
News and Events
- ANNUAL GRANTS: Grants are distributed each year for qualified charities and organizations within the Municipality of Meaford, through Community Foundation Grey Bruce. Information and application.
- The Meaford Community Fund was created in January 2012 with a donation from the Estate of Rosa Roselle. As it grows with more donations, this Fund will continue to support not-for-profit organizations in the Municipality of Meaford in the future.
- Annual Fundraiser - To be announced.