Meaford Community Fund
The Meaford Community Fund exists to enrich the quality of life for the people of the Municipality of Meaford by supporting projects of not-for-profit charitable organizations.
The Community Fund is in place to help the citizens of the Municipality of Meaford to:
- Keep their charitable donations working in the Municipality of Meaford
- Participate in shaping the future by supporting the needs in their own community
- Make a donation that grows and keeps on giving
- Create a lasting legacy for generations to come
- Receive income tax receipts for donations
How does it work?
All donations to the Meaford Community Fund are invested in a pool of funds under the umbrella of the Community Foundation Grey Bruce. The income earned from the capital of the Fund is distributed through grants to applicable not-for-profit organizations only within the Municipality of Meaford.
It is easy to make a donation online, just click here. Select "Meaford Community Fund" in the Fund box
The Meaford Community Fund will also accept gifts in the form of:
- A bequest in your will
- Life insurance policy/annuity
- Charitable remainder trust
- In memorial
Contact Community Foundation Grey Bruce to learn how - 519-371-7203
- Registered charities or not-for-profit groups with applicable sponsors can make application for funding.
- A Fund Management Committee (made up of volunteers from within the Municipality of Meaford) partners with Community Foundation Grey Bruce to select projects which best benefit the community
- Funding supports projects only within the Municipality of Meaford. Project progress is monitored and groups are accountable for wise use of funds
To apply submit a Community Grant application
News and Events
- ANNUAL GRANTS: Grants are distributed each year for qualified charities and organizations within the Municipality of Meaford, through Community Foundation Grey Bruce. Information and application.
- The Meaford Community Fund was created in January 2012 with a donation from the Estate of Rosa Roselle. As it grows with more donations, this Fund will continue to support not-for-profit organizations in the Municipality of Meaford in the future.
- Annual Fundraiser - To be announced.
List of Funds
Meaford Community FundThis Fund was created from the Estate of Rosa Roessle to support projects and programs of not-for-profit organizations in the Municipality of Meaford.
Apple Harvest Craft Show Legacy FundSupports projects in the Municipality of Meaford
Bob & Marie Knapp Family Endowed FundIn support of the Friends of Hibou Park
Donald M. Bumstead Endowed FundIn support of children at risk and/or food banks in Grey County
Leith Historic Endowment FundDonations to this fund ensure the long-term preservation and restoration of the Historic Leith Church and its cultural programs including the Leith Summer Festival. The fund also supports interpretation of the historic site which played an important role in the life of Tom Thomson.
Leith Summer Festival is now a registered charity with CRA 796536498 R0001. Please visit their website at http://leithchurch.ca
Next25 FundTo celebrate our 25th Anniversary, Community Foundation Grey Bruce has established the Next25 Fund that will help us ensure the vitality of all communities in Grey and Bruce for another quarter century.
The Next25 Fund will provide grants to charities and non profits whose projects address priorities that are identified in the Vital Signs® report. Supporting health & wellness, arts & culture, education & lifelong learning, living standards, the environment and community connectedness are indicators of community well being.
The Next25 Fund will be unrestricted so the Foundation has the latitude to grant strategically based on local knowledge for local impact. We can do great things together: empowering our youth to succeed, supporting a healthy natural environment, building stronger communities through capital investment in gathering places like our halls and arenas, ensuring celebration of the stories of all peoples in this place – those that have been here forever and those that are new. Help us to support a healthy future for our community with your donation.
Sydenham Agricultural Society Endowed FundCreated in 2007, this Fund supports programs, projects, educational awareness of agriculture and awards for children at Sydenham School in conjunction with the annual Fall Fair