Grants for Charities
- Applicant must either have a registered charitable number or be sponsored by an organization that is a qualified donee (for definition re qualified donee go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/glssry-eng.html#qualdonee) within Grey or Bruce County.
- Applicant's project must benefit local Grey Bruce communities in a following category:
- Arts & Culture
- Children's Interests
- Environmental Endeavors
- Health & Wellness
- Applications will not be considered :
- To support ongoing operating costs
- In response to annual fundraising
- To cover deficits
- To retire debts
- To increase endowment funds
- To fund activities that serves primarily the membership or purposes of religious or political organizations.
- To organizations that are supported entirely by Government funding
- To individuals
- To fund tours or travel outside Grey or Bruce Counties
- To annual fundraising campaigns
- To organizations which have not completed the terms of a previous grant
- For projects that have already started before the grant distribution date
Application can only be made through an online procedure
Before submitting a proposal, applicants are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to assess eligibility.
- To start, go to this link (note* not live until august 1st)
- The organization applying will be required to sign in as a member and will be shown how on the application.
- Support Material is required and is listed in the area beneath the Application Form
- Applicants without Charity Registration with CRA will be required to download a sponsor form, get it signed by the sponsor, then scan & upload to the application form before the application can be submitted.
Application for Spring granting must be received by Community Foundation Grey Bruce by April 30, For Fall granting by September 30.
- A follow-up report to Community Foundation Grey Bruce and your
sponsoring qualifying organization(if applicable) is required within one
year of the grant. As well, if possible, photographs of the project
for inclusion in the Foundation's Annual Report and/or on the
Foundation's website are requested.
- The applicant organization agrees to publicize Community Foundation Grey Bruce as a partner, through their own organization including newsletters, promotions, etc. The Foundation logo will be provided for inclusion, please request the logo by email.
- If the project fails to proceed, the grant must be returned to Community Foundation Grey Bruce.
All applications for grants from Community Foundation Grey Bruce will be reviewed to determine their eligibility.
When completing the grant application, it is important to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committee and assessed on the basis of:
- Proven/researched need for project/program
- Program objectives/evaluation procedures
- Organizational strength
- Mission/Track Record/People Served
- Fiscal and management responsibility/stability
- Community support/partnerships
- Completed application with all required supporting material
- Additional information may be requested
- A Follow-up report is required within one year. Failure to do so will jeopardize future granting opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: grants are available up to $3000 per applicant
Presentation of Awards
Successful applicants will be notified by Community Foundation Grey Bruce and invited to attend an annual grant presentation where grant cheques will be presented.
Click here to start the application process.
Spring Grant Application Deadline: April 30
Fall Grant Application Deadline: September 30
Still have Questions? Contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 371-7203