Grants for Charities
- Applicant must have a registered charitable number or be sponsored by an organization that is a qualified donee (for definition re qualified donee go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/glssry-eng.html#qualdonee) within Grey or Bruce County. Note: a copy of an agreement between non qualified applicant and sponsor (if applicable) must be included with application - please contact the office for this form.
- Applicant's project must benefit local Grey Bruce communities in a following category:
- Arts & Culture
- Children's Interests
- Environmental Endeavors
- Health & Wellness
Community Foundation also has several grants available with specific criteria, please indicate in application form if you are applying.
Noble Family Fund Grant - grants (not to exceed $500 each) to support minor sports, split between boys & girls, in the smaller communities outside of Owen Sound with priority to Shallow Lake, Hepworth, Allenford and Southampton.
Tom Norris Help the Kids Grant - for children with special needs up to age 19 and may include things such as medical equipment needs, gifted child needs, camp opportunities or other requirements for special needs. The children must reside within the area north to the tip of the Bruce Peninsula.
Stewart Fleming Fund grant - to support current or new programs and activities whose purposes include, the development of Youth leadership potential, and the enhancement of the social conscience, ethical and moral values, and spiritual understanding of the youth of Owen Sound.
- Applications will not be considered :
- To support ongoing operating costs
- In response to annual fundraising
- To cover deficits
- To retire debts
- To increase endowment funds
- To fund activities that serves primarily the membership or purposes of religious or political organizations.
- To organizations that are supported entirely by Government funding
- To individuals
- To fund tours or travel outside Ontario unless for the purpose of participating in a national conference or event
- To annual fundraising campaigns
- To organizations which have not completed the terms of a previous grant
Before submitting a proposal, applicants are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to assess eligibility.
If the proposal falls within the Community Foundation's guidelines:
- Obtain an application form - editable PDF copies of application forms are available below and can completed on your computer. Application forms in Word document are also available from the Foundation office at the address listed below. PLEASE NOTE - APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE FILLED OUT ONLINE.
- If applicant is NOT a qualified registered charity and is using a qualified sponsor, please fill either SPONSOR AGREEMENT or MUNICIPALITY SPONSOR AGREEMENT. (please email Community Foundation for a copy) Make 2 copies: give one to the Sponsor and attach the other to your application.
- Print the application form.
- Forward your completed and signed application form to the Foundation by one of the following methods:
Application for Spring granting must be received by Community Foundation Grey Bruce by April 30, For Fall granting by September 30.
- Enclose one copy of the following information:
- List of organization's current Board Members and/or Executive Committee, including addresses, telephone numbers and positions.
- Copy of your organization's most recent financial statement.
- Copy of your organization's current annual budget and most recent monthly/quarterly operating statement (1 or 2 pages only).
- Copy of your organization's incorporation document, if applicable.
- Copy of your organization's documents confirming charitable registration status or sponsor organization's charitable registration status.
- Copy of your organization's latest Annual Report and/or general information brochure.
- Additional authorizations, it there are co-applicants.
PLEASE NOTE: Community Foundation Grey Bruce is an environmentally aware organization and asks that you DO NOT send additional items not listed above or multiple copies of required information. We strive to meet our mandate of less material to landfill or recycling.
- A follow-up report to Community Foundation Grey Bruce and your sponsoring qualifying organization(if applicable) is required within one year of the grant. As well, if possible, photographs of the project for inclusion in the Foundation's Annual Report and/or on the Foundation's website are requested.
- The applicant organization agrees to publicize Community Foundation Grey Bruce as a partner, through their own organization including newsletters, promotions, etc. The Foundation logo will be provided for inclusion, please request the logo by email.
- If the project fails to proceed, the grant must be returned to Community Foundation Grey Bruce.
All applications for grants from Community Foundation Grey Bruce will be reviewed to determine their eligibility.
When completing the grant application, it is important to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committee and assessed on the basis of:
- Proven/researched need for project/program
- Program objectives/evaluation procedures
- Organizational strength
- Mission/Track Record/People Served
- Fiscal and management responsibility/stability
- Community support/partnerships
- Completed application with all required supporting material
- Additional information may be requested
- A Follow-up report is required within one year. Failure to do so will jeopardize future granting opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: grants are available up to $3000 per applicant
Presentation of Awards
Successful applicants will be notified by Community Foundation Grey Bruce and invited to attend an annual grant presentation where grant cheques will be presented.
Spring Grant Application Deadline: April 30
Fall Grant Application Deadline: September 30
Forward completed and signed application plus required information:
By mail:Community Foundation Grey Bruce
P.O. Box 81
OWEN SOUND ON N4K 5P1
By Fax: (519) 470-4744
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have Questions? Contact the office: email@example.com or (519) 371-7203