Grants for Charities
- Applicant must either have a registered charitable number or be sponsored by an organization that is a qualified donee (for definition re qualified donee go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/glssry-eng.html#qualdonee) within Grey or Bruce County.
- Applicant's project must benefit local Grey Bruce communities in a following category:
- Arts & Culture
- Children's Interests
- Environmental Endeavors
- Health & Wellness
- Applications will not be considered :
- To support ongoing operating costs
- In response to annual fundraising
- To cover deficits
- To retire debts
- To increase endowment funds
- To fund activities that serves primarily the membership or purposes of religious or political organizations.
- To organizations that are supported entirely by Government funding
- To individuals
- To fund tours or travel outside Grey or Bruce Counties
- To annual fundraising campaigns
- To organizations which have not completed the terms of a previous grant
- For projects that have already started before the grant distribution date
NEW THIS YEAR
Grant applications will be considered for
honoraria & speakers at meetings and presentations. Wages and salaries will not be granted.
Applicant organizations may now ask for up
to 10% of project budget for project administration costs.
Applications may include capacity building and value-added
training (max. cost $1,000) for NFP organizations
Applicant organizations may apply for small
capital grants up to $1,500 in the Community Grant stream; capital projects with
budgets over that amount may apply in the Capital Grant stream. The Capital Grant process will require a letter
of intent in June; grant deadline will be Sept 30; grants will be distributed
in the Fall.
Funding up to $5,000 may be requested for projects and programs which
include support of disadvantaged children and families; applications for
projects that do not support disadvantaged children and families may be
submitted up to $3,000.
Community Foundation Grey Bruce supports the
local economy and encourages applicants to utilize local services and purchase
supplies from locally based, Canadian owned companies wherever possible.
Application can only be made through an online procedure
Before submitting a proposal, applicants are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to assess eligibility.
- To start, go to this link (link will not be live until March 1, 2015)
- The organization applying will be required to sign in as a member and will be shown how on the application.
- Support Material is required and is listed in the area beneath the Application Form
- Applicants without Charity Registration with CRA will be required to download a sponsor form, get it signed by the sponsor, then scan & upload to the application form before the application can be submitted.
Applications for Projects and Programs Funding must be received by Community Foundation Grey Bruce by April 30 or September 30, 2015.
- A follow-up report to Community Foundation Grey Bruce and your
sponsoring qualifying organization(if applicable) is required within one
year of the grant. As well, if possible, photographs of the project
for inclusion in the Foundation's Annual Report and/or on the
Foundation's website are requested.
- The applicant organization agrees to publicize Community Foundation Grey Bruce as a partner, through their own organization including newsletters, promotions, etc. The Foundation logo will be provided for inclusion, please request the logo by email.
- If the project fails to proceed, the grant must be returned to Community Foundation Grey Bruce.
All applications for grants from Community Foundation Grey Bruce will be reviewed to determine their eligibility.
When completing the grant application, it is important to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committee and assessed on the basis of:
- Proven/researched need for project/program
- Program objectives/evaluation procedures
- Organizational strength
- Mission/Track Record/People Served
- Fiscal and management responsibility/stability
- Community support/partnerships
- Completed application with all required supporting material
- Additional information may be requested
- A follow-up report is required within one year. Failure to do so will jeopardize future granting opportunities.
Grants are available of up to $3000 per applicant for regular projects and programs.
Grants of up to $5000 per applicant are available for projects and programs that specifically benefit disadvantaged children and families.
Presentation of Awards
All applicants will be notified by Community Foundation Grey Bruce mid May.
Successful grantees will be invited to attend a grant presentation on May 29th - please save the date.
Online grant applications for 2015 will be available by March 1, 2015.
Spring Grant Application Deadline: April 30
Fall Grant Application Deadline: September 30
Still have Questions? Contact the office: email@example.com or (519) 371-7203