Grants for Charities
- Applicant must have a registered charitable number or be sponsored by an organization that is a qualified donee (for definition re qualified donee go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/glssry-eng.html#qualdonee) within Grey or Bruce County. Note: a copy of an agreement between non qualified applicant and sponsor (if applicable) must be included with application.
- Applicant's project must benefit local communities in a following category:
- Arts & Culture
- Children's Interests
- Environmental Endeavors
- Health & Wellness
- Applications will not be considered :
- To support ongoing operating costs
- In response to annual fundraising
- To cover deficits
- To retire debts
- To increase endowment funds
- To fund activities that serves primarily the membership or purposes of religious or political organizations.
- To organizations that are supported entirely by Government funding
- To individuals
- To fund tours or travel outside Ontario unless for the purpose of participating in a national conference or event
- To annual fundraising campaigns
- To organizations which have not completed the terms of a previous grant
Before submitting a proposal, applicants are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to assess eligibility.
If the proposal falls within the Community Foundation's guidelines:
- Obtain an application form - editable PDF copies of application forms are available below and can completed on your computer. Application forms are also available from the Foundation office at the address listed below.
- If applicant is NOT a qualified registered charity and is using a qualified sponsor, please fill either SPONSOR AGREEMENT or MUNICIPALITY SPONSOR AGREEMENT. (please email Community Foundation for a copy) Make 2 copies: give one to the Sponsor and attach the other to your application.
- Print the application form.
- Forward your completed and signed application form to the Foundation by one of the following methods:
Application for granting must be received by Community Foundation Grey Bruce by April 30
- Enclose one copy of the following information:
- List of organization's current Board Members and/or Executive Committee, including addresses, telephone numbers and positions.
- Copy of your organization's most recent financial statement and general information brochure, if available.
- Copy of your organization's current annual budget and most recent monthly/quarterly operating statement ( 1 or 2 pages only).
- Copy of your organization's incorporation document, if applicable.
- Copy of your organization's documents confirming charitable registration status or sponsor organization's charitable registration status.
- Copy of your organization's latest Annual Report and/or general information brochure.
- Additional authorizations, it there are co-applicants.
PLEASE NOTE: Community Foundation Grey Bruce is an environmentally aware organization and asks that you DO NOT send additional items not listed above or multiple copies of required information. We strive to meet our mandate of less material to landfill or recycling.
- A follow-up report to Community Foundation Grey Bruce and your sponsoring qualifying organization(if applicable) is required within one year of the grant. As well, if possible, photographs of the project for inclusion in the Foundation's Annual Report and/or on the Foundation's website are requested.
- The applicant organization agrees to publicize Community Foundation Grey Bruce as a partner, through their own organization including newsletters, promotions, etc. The Foundation logo will be provided for inclusion, please request the logo by email.
- If the project fails to proceed, the grant must be returned to Community Foundation Grey Bruce.
All applications for grants from Community Foundation Grey Bruce will be reviewed to determine their eligibility.
When completing the grant application, it is important to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will be rejected.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committee and assessed on the basis of:
- Proven/researched need for project/program
- Program objectives/evaluation procedures
- Organizational strength
- Mission/Track Record/People Served
- Fiscal and management responsibility/stability
- Community support/partnerships
- Additional information may be requested
- A Follow-up report is expected within one year.
PLEASE NOTE: grants are available to around $1000 per applicant
Presentation of Awards
Successful applicants will be notified by Community Foundation Grey Bruce and invited to attend an annual grant presentation in June where grant cheques will be presented.
Application Deadline: April 30
General Application Form (pdf) (Online editable PDF)
Forward completed and signed application plus required information:
By mail:Community Foundation Grey Bruce
P.O. Box 81
OWEN SOUND ON N4K 5P1
By Fax: (519) 470-4744
By Email: email@example.com
Still have Questions? Contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 371-7203